ANAND CLASSES - ARMED FORCE ACADEMY offers coaching for the UPSC CDS/OTA written examinations. The faculty at ANAND CLASSES is highly qualified and vastly experienced in successfully coaching students for CDS/OTA examinations. Not only do ANAND CLASSES cover the entire syllabus subject by subject as per UPSC, we also prepare our students with mock tests, previous year question papers and doubt clearing sessions which are conducted each week to monitor each student’s progress. Mock test/ weekly test results are also discussed to pin point where the student may be lacking. This ensures that the students know what to expect in the examination, how to approach the examination, manage time efficiently and get the best possible results. Experienced and updated faculty teaches students how to handle the CDS/OTA examination specifically; they focus on the format and type of questions likely to be asked in the exam. Students can learn many formulae and shortcuts to get quick and accurate answers while attempting the examination. Apart from this, we provide extensively researched study material which helps students to easily access, organise and systematically approach the vast syllabus.
WHY CHOOSE ANAND CLASSES - ARMED FORCE ACADEMY FOR CDS/OTA WRITTEN EXAM COACHING:
- ANAND CLASSES - ARMED FORCE ACADEMY is India's Oldest and Largest Armed forces Preparatory Institute: Established in 1996 by Er. Neeraj Anand.
- Every second officer in the Indian Armed forces has been a student of ANAND CLASSES - ARMED FORCE ACADEMY.
- Infrastructure: ANAND CLASSES campus is tieup with topmost institutions like BSF, PAP, Guru Gobind Singh Stadium provides unmatched infrastructure, SSB like environment. Our classrooms for written coaching are well supported by modern Audio Visual technological aids.
- Faculty: The highly qualified, experienced and updated faculty for CDS/OTA written coaching provides students with the right guidance to get best results in the exam. Students are coached by permanent faculty members not part-time teachers (working on per class basis) as in many other institutes.
- Fully equipped library: Only ANAND CLASSES offers the facility of a fully equipped library offering 1000+ relevant and important books pertaining to the syllabus of the examination and competitive exam preparation. Students can issue these books for self study, revision, practice etc.
- Study Room/ Reading Room: On campus study/ reading rooms are available to provide students with quiet and peaceful environment, perfect for self study and preparations. These rooms are open daily till late hours.
- Motivational lectures and movies: ANAND CLASSES specializes in motivating the youth towards serving our great nation. Students interact with candidates from all over the country working towards a common goal. Motivational lectures and movies shown, leave the students inspired to do something for the country and become better human beings.
- Discipline & Time Management: ANAND CLASSES is a Defence preparatory institute with strict rules that all students must abide by. All students are expected to follow the Honour Code and Discipline Code of Conduct of ANAND CLASSES, failing which they may be expelled without refunds. These guidelines enforced by the academy inculcate good values and discipline in the students. Students also learn the importance and benefits of proper time management. Sundays and other holidays are not observed to maintain continuity and to ensure students can focus on upcoming exam without distractions.
- Physical Fitness: Only ANAND CLASSES offers a fully equipped Football ground, Basketball court, Volley ball court, Cricket field and badminton court along with dedicated Obstacle course and vast open grounds to encourage physical fitness among candidates as endurance and stamina are a pre-requisite for SSB which is the next step after the exam.
- Only ANAND CLASSES runs Year Round Batches for CDSE written exam unlike other institutes that only open for the few month before the examination
- Exam specific coaching: Since exam patters vary for each examination, ANAND CLASSES offers exam specific coaching for NDA, CDS, AFCAT etc.
TERMs DATES & DURATION:
The detailed 4-months and comprehensive 6 week course covers all aspects and entire syllabus of the examination. Admission takes place on arrival.
COMPREHENSIVE 6 WEEKS COURSE:
The duration of each term is 6 Weeks. Six week course includes
- Exhaustive Classroom preparation: With 180+ classroom sessions and 500+ study hours covering all aspects and entire syllabus of the examination as prescribed by the UPSC.
- Comprehensive Study Material: With 15+ books covering the various subjects, Question banks and practice sets of each subject, ready reference notes for important topics, all extensively researched and prepared after analysis of previous years’ exam patterns.
- Revision and Doubt clearing: 120+ worksheets and practice sets help students’ asses their own progress. Previous years question papers are also covered. Doubt clearing sessions are held to answer all queries of students.
- Testing: Weekly practice tests of each subject to prepare students for upcoming competition and provide them with vital self assessment tools. Mock tests are also held to prepare the student for CDS/OTA exam.
- Extensive coverage of current affairs: Special weekly updates on defence related news, and latest developments, events and people in news. General Knowledge is taken up thoroughly.
- Subjects covered: in the CDS/OTA written exam coaching include English, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, Geography, Polity, Economics, Biodiversity etc.
WHY COACHING IS A MUST FOR NDA/NA WRITTEN EXAMINATION:
In today’s competitive exams like CDS/OTA, COACHING IS A MUST REQUIRED BECAUSE:
- 3,00,000+ students sit for this exam and the number is increasing year by year. Hence making the exam more and more competitive and one mark difference could mean selection or rejection of the candidate. There are anywhere between 300- 400 seats, so students who are dedicated and serious, must get the edge above others for which coaching is a must.
- Students can take advantage of the vast experience of subject and examination expert faculty.
- Examination specific and comprehensive study material of notes, practice sets, assignments and worksheets provides the right material for preparation.
- Any concept doubts can be cleared right away, thus students can build strong fundamentals.
- Regular mock tests ensure students are mentally prepared for exam day and know exactly how to approach the exam and what to expect.
- Students are able to discipline themselves, develop good concentration and form a study habit, which is not easy to do with self study.
6 WEEKS COMPREHENSIVE COURSE FEES & CHARGES
Admission Fee- Rs 500
CDS/OTA Tuition fee 6 week comprehensive course- Rs 15000/
4 MONTHS DETAILED COURSE FEES & CHARGES
Admission Fee- Rs 500
CDS/OTA Tuition fee 4 MONTH comprehensive course- Rs 30000/
9 MONTHS DETAILED COURSE FEES & CHARGES
Admission Fee- Rs 500
CDS/OTA Tuition fee 6 month comprehensive course- Rs 45000/
WHEN TO JOIN:
Since ANAND CLASSES runs year round batches for CDS/OTA examinations, students should take coaching as soon as they are able to spare time from their daily routines. It is advised to take coaching few months before the exam to ensure enough time is left for practice, revision and self study.
WHAT IS THE CDS/OTA WRITTEN EXAM?
The CDS Written Examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year for graduates to fill the vacancies of the following institutions of the Indian Armed Forces.
• Indian Military Academy (IMA) ; Dehradun
• Indian Naval Academy; Ezhimala
• Air Force Academy; Hyderabad
• Officers Training Academy (OTA); Chennai. For both Men and Women
HOW TO APPLY FOR CDS/OTA EXAMINATION?
The Notification for the CDS written exam is issued in the months of November and July. UPSC holds the exam in the months of Feb and October. Students can apply for the CDS and OTA written examination online only on UPSC website.
ELIGIBILITY FOR CDS WRITTEN EXAMINATION
Educational; Graduates- qualified or appearing (final year) are eligible to sit for CDS written exam. For Air Force and Navy candidates must have engineering /physics and mathematics subjects. For details check the notification. For OTA, Graduates and final year students can to apply.
Age; 19 ½ to 24 years on date of joining IMA. For OTA, age must be between 19 ½ to 25 years on date of joining.
Sex; Only male candidates can sit for the CDS written exam. Both ladies and men can apply for OTA exam.
EXAM PATTERN OF CDS/OTA WRITTEN EXAMINATION
The CDS written exam consists of three papers;
- General Knowledge- 100 Marks
- English- 100 Marks
- Mathematics- 100 Marks
All three papers of the CDS written exam are held on the same day and the duration of each paper is two hours. The papers of CDS written exam are of 100 marks each and the total of the CDS written exam is of 300 marks.
The OTA Written exam consists of only two of the above mentioned papers;
- General Knowledge- 100 Marks
- English- 100 Marks
OTA Candidates are exempted from Mathematics exam. The remaining two papers of OTA written exam are of 100 marks each and the total of the OTA written exam is of 200 marks.
SYLLABUS FOR CDS/ OTA WRITTEN EXAMINATION
The CDS written exam tests the candidates in diverse fields like English, History, Polity, Economics, Geography, Maths, Life Science, Physics, Chemistry, Current Affairs, GK, etc. For OTA exam, syllabus is the same as CDS expect, OTA candidates do not have to sit for mathematics paper.
RESULTS OF CDS/OTA EXAMINATION
UPSC declares the result of CDS/OTA written exam in 3-4 months after the written exam. The same can be viewed on the UPSC website. Being a competitive exam and there is no fixed cut off percentage for passing. Candidates who perform better are sent the call letters for SSB interviews. The final merit list is prepared after the SSB interviews final result and displayed on the UPSC website. Joining instructions are sent to students based on vacancies available as per the merit list.
STANDARD AND SYLLABUS OF THE EXAMINATIONSTANDARDThe standard of the papers in Elementary Mathematics will be of Matriculation level.The standard of papers in order subjects will approximately be such as may be expected will approximately be such as may be expected of a graduate of an Indian University.SYLLABUSENGLISH (Code No. 01)The question paper will be designed to test the candidates’ understanding of English and Workman-like use of words.GENERAL KNOWLEDGE (Code No. 02)General Knowledge including knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper will also include questions on History of India and Geography of a nature which candidates should be able to answer without special study.ELEMENTARY MATHEMATICS (Code No. 03)ArithmeticNumber System-Natural numbers, Integers, Rational and Real numbers. Fundamental operations-addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, Square roots, Decimal fractions.Unitary method-Time and distance, time and work, percentage-applications to simple and compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion variation.Elementary Number Theory-Division algorithm. Prime and composite numbers. Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 11 Multiples and factors. Factorisation Theorem. H.C.F. and L.C.M. Euclidean Algorithm. Logarithms to base 10 laws of logarithms, use of logarithmic tables.AlgebraBasic Operations, Simple factors, Remainder Theorem, H.C.F., L.C.M. Theory of polynomials, solutions of quadratic equations, relation between its roots and coefficient (Only real roots to be considered). Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns-analytical and graphical solutions. Simultaneous linear in equations in two variables and their solutions. Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or in equations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable and their solutions. Set language and set notation, Rational expressions and conditional identities Laws of indices.TrigonometrySine x, Cosine x, Tangent x when 00 < x < 900Values of sin x, cos x and tan x, for x = 00, 300,450,600 and 900.Simple trigonometric identities.Use of trigonometric tables.Simple cases of heights and distances.GeometryLines and angles, Plane and plane figures, Theorems on (i) Properties of angles at a point, (ii) Parallel lines, (iii) Sides and angles of a triangle, (iv) congruency of triangles, (v) Similar triangles, (vi) Concurrence of medians and altitudes, (vii) Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram rectangle and square, (viii) Circles and its properties including tangents and normal, (ix) Loci.MensurationAreas of squares rectangles, parallelograms, triangle and circle. Areas of figures which can be split up into these figures (Field Book), Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders, surface area and volume of spheres.StatisticsCollection and tabulation of statistical data, Graphical representation, frequency polygons, histograms, bar charts, pie charts etc. Measures of central tendency.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF CDS :-
Height:-Minimum acceptable height for male candidates is 157.5 cms. (157 for Navy and 162.5 cms for Air Force) .For women candidates, minimum acceptable height is 152 cms.For Gorkhas and individuals belonging to hills of North Eastern regions of India, Garhwal and Kumaon, minimum acceptable height will be 152.5 cms. For candidates from Lakshadweep, minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2 cms.
Male:-A candidate should be able to read 6/6 in a distant vision chart with each eye with or without glasses (For navy and Air Force without glasses only).
Women:-A candidates should be able to read 6/6 (better eye) and 6/8 (worse eye) in a distant vision chart with or without glasses.
Syllabus:-The Exam consists of two parts written exam and interview ad personality development part.
Written Exam:-For IMA, Air Force Academy and Naval Academy the exam pattern is same and it consists of three parts: General Knowledge, English and elementary mathematics each part consisting of 100 marks. For officers Training Academy elementary mathematics exam is not needed.
INTERVIEW:-The candidates who are selected in written test are called for interview. The SSB procedure consists of two stage selection process-Stage I and STAGE II. Only those candidates who clear the stage i are permitted to appear for stage II.
(A.) Stage i comprises of officers intelligence rating (OIR) tests are picture perception description test (P&DT). The candidates will be shortlisted based on combination of performance in QIR test and pp and DT.
(B.) Stage ii comprises of interview, group testing officers tasks, psychology tests and the conference. These tests are conducted over 4 days.
The personality of candidate is assessed by three different assessors viz. The interviewing officer (IO), group testing officer (GTO) and the psychologist. There are no separate weightage for each test. The marks are allotted by assessors only after taking into consideration the performance of the candidate holistically in the entire test.
CDS Examination Center are 30 this located in Agartala, Jaipur, Jammu, Jorhat, Kohima, Lucknow, Madras, Madurai, Nagpur, Panaji, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bareilly, Bhopal, Bombay, Calcutta, Chandigarh, Cochin, Cuttack, Delhi, Dharwar, Dispur, Gangtok, Hyderabad, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar, Tirupati, Trivandrum, Udaipur, Imphal, Itanagar, Patna, Port Blair, Raipur and Vishakhapatnam.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS FOR CDS :-
What is CDS (Combined Defense Services Examination)?
It is test conducted by Union Public Service Commission for requirement into the Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy conducted twice a year. Notification for the examination is released in the months of October and June and exam is conducted in February and November Every Year.
After clearing this exam candidate are eligible for taking admission into respective academies after an interview conducted by Service Selection Board and can doors for good career opportunities.
What is Eligibility for CDS?
Eligibility Criteria for this exam is only unmarried Graduate are eligible.
What is Age Limits for CDS?
For Different academies are different
For IMA – 19-24 Years
For Air Force – 19-23 Years
For Naval Academy – 19-22 Years
For OTA – 19-25 Years
5. What is Criteria of Selection CDS?
This Exam is objective type.
For Indian Military Academy/Air Force / Naval Academy
6.The syllabus is divided into three parts:-
And for OTA –
The Syllabus is divided into 2 parts
After clearing the written exam interview are conducted.
Why go for CDS?
CDS Will open doors for good and exiting career opportunities for men and women in different fields. Career in CDS includes adventure are given which are not there in other jobs.
Contact Us : Urban Estate Phase-II, Near MGN School, Jalandhar City
Call Now : 9463138669, 9464645100