ANAND CLASSES - ARMED FORCE ACADEMY offers coaching for the TA (Territorial Army) written examinations. The faculty at ANAND CLASSES - ARMED FORCE ACADEMY is highly qualified and vastly experienced in successfully coaching students for Territorial Army examinations
Territorial Army is a division of the Regular Army, which is trained to replace permanent troops in times of need. TA is a temporary force which acts as a power reservoir for the Army. It provides immediate assistance at times of disturbances and insurgencies.
Eligibility Criteria Of Territorial Army:
- Age Limit: 18 to 42 Years (as on date of application submission)
- Educational Qualification: Graduation from Recognized University
- Employment Fields: Self Employed OR Private Business OR Employee of Central/State or Semi-Govt. Unit.(Existing Employee of Para Military, Armed Forces and Police are not eligible to apply for TA)
Two Step Selection Procedure
Step 1: Preliminary Interview Board
- Paper 1: English Language ( Essay & comprehension)
- Paper 2: General Studies ( multiple choice reasoning ability questions)
Step 2: SSB (Service Selection Board)
- Selected Candidates receive an SSB call-up letter within 2-4 months later Preliminary Interview Board
- Candidates will be tested witha regular commission(Candidates) for armed forces, no amendments in testing techniques for TA commission
- UPSC Level papers and candidates should go through the basics of each subject
- 50% Qualifying Marks
- No Negative Marking
- Written test qualifiers are supposed to arrive for the interview, candidates must work towards communication skills, good body language, maintaining a positive attitude, giving true facts & convincing abilities for success.
- Candidates can be asked questions about background and acceptability for officer’s qualities
- Written test is declared within 2-3 days and selected candidates are to be appeared after two days.
- Intimation letters will be sent after 15-20 days of final result of the selected candidates.
- SSB selected Candidates have to wait for 3-4 months before joining an infantry battalion in different zones.
Training- Post Commission Training Activities
- Basic Military Training at unit for 30 days
- Advance Military Training at TA Training center for 30 days
- Indian Military Academy training, Dehradun for 30 days
- Cross-military attachment in army battalion(Regular) for 90 days
Rules Of Territorial Army
- Commission is given to the rank of lieutenant
- As per the training & military service, allowances, privileges and pay as regular army officers
- As per the criteria, Promotions upto Lt. Col by time scale
- Through selection, promotion to Colonel & Brigadier
- Annual Training Camp at every battalion with 30 daysminimum and 60 days maximum
- Exemption of two years can be given by the authorities as per candidates choice and aptness of service
- Military courses (with voluntary training) as per candidates’ choice & aptness of the service
- An option to convert the TA commission into Short Service Commission(regular); in case of below 25 years of age with two years of regular service as a Territorial Army Officer.
- Special Unattached list of Territorial army officers 6 years maximum, mandated 14 days every year as per candidates’ choice & aptness of the service.
- Whether it is full time or part time service; Territorial Army officers’ seniority doesnot get affected .
- One can become Captainin four years; Major in eight years; lieutenant Col. In 15 years and above as per selection. As per the books, one can reach up to Major General.
- Being in Service, a Territorial Army Officer can even apply for civil serviceexamination, can do both the service jointly. Such opportunities are not for regular officers
Eligibility For Ex-Army Officers
Age: 18 to 45 Years
How to Apply: Through Newspaper or other advertisement
Selection Procedure: Neither exam nor SSB; selection process includes verification of military experience, interview(at Army Headquarters), Physical Fitness Test and Medical Examination.
To know more; kindly visit www.indianarmy.nic.in